Re: Joining Sub-Cults

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 09:44:04 -0700

> >I'm confused, can someone please tell me where the rules re: joining
> >sub-cults are located? And maybe just tell me how its done? If I'm a
> >devotee of Lhankor Mhy with all its associated abillities and
> >affinities my I also join the Chernan the Seeker sub-cult gaining its
> >Explorer affinity without loosing my affiliation to the Lhankor Mhy
> >cult?
>
> My understanding is that you can ONLY join the main cult by joining a
> sub-cult. Thus (without bothering to check that Chernan is a sub-cult of
> LM) a devotee of Lankhor Mhy would automatically be a member of one
> sub-cult (e.g. Chernan the Seeker). This is included in the normal time
> costs for the cult. Additional sub-cults or initiation into other gods is
> possible, at additional time costs. Though I seem to remember some gods
> have special rules on this.

For the most part this is true *for Heortlings*. If you are working with Thunder Rebels/Storm Tribe, then yes, Orlanthi All cults have subcults as the "entry point" to the cult. The main cult provides two affinities, while the subcult provides a third. The "default subcults" are those that provide the same affinity group as the ones given in the main Hero Wars rules. So, for example, A player who wrote up a LM hero under HW is a member of the Lhankor Knowing subcult under Storm tribe.

The actual rules for Heortling subcults are in Thunder Rebels, 67-68. This includes joining additional subcults.

There will probably be different systems cropping up in future Issaries products, as additional cultures are explored.

RR