RE: Re: Worldscale (was Abilityscale)

From: Graham, Andrew <agraham_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 12:01:21 +0100

> Relative to one another, AR ratings are
> fine, but relative to actual PCs they're mostly too low.
As much as I like AR I have to agree.
A beginner hero could take on a lion with a good chance of winning. I can believe this of a weaponthanes but not of a starting character. But that's my vision of Glorantha

> > If I want to be able,to run as fast as a horse,thatīs superhuman
> and will
> > need an ability with four masteries,no?!AND a good story that gives
> our hero
> > the chance and a possibility to become that super-human.
> > Why isnīt a horseīs RunFast ability something like 5W4?????
>
> Much too high, I'd say adding a mastery to all NOTABLE
> abilities of wild animals works pretty well as a guide.
Yes you need to increase there significant abilities by 10 or 20 For a mundane creature like a horse +10 would probably do but for something
more magical like a dream dragon +20 is more like it. So roughly speaking I would increase there significant best abilities by 1.5.
Dough less others will have there own ideas on this and if anyone has a better idea I will be glad to hear it. But remember don't change abilities like Large or Small those stats are fine.

> I can't remember, but don't horses get
> 'run long distance' or 'run fast'?

Both though there Run long distance is only about 14

> If a character has just 'run',
> that's at least a -5 modifier to either run fast, OR long...
 Correct

This E-Mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential and for the
exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

If you have received this E-Mail in error please return it to the sender.
We should be grateful if you would also copy the communication to postmaster_at_... then delete the E-Mail and destroy any copies of it.

It is your responsibility to scan any attachments for viruses.

For further information, visit us at WWW.MITSUIBABCOCK.COM