Worldscale again

From: Toksickburn_at_...
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 21:17:38 EDT

In einer eMail vom 17.08.02 13:15:14 (MEZ) - Mitteleurop. Sommerzeit schreibt graham_at_...:

> >Why not giving every powercategory two masteries/thresholds,like this?:
> >
> >1-20-ordinary/layman
> >1W-10W-trained
> >11W-20W-master
> >--------------------->Humans
> >W2-superhuman
> >W3-halfgodlike/divine
> >--------------------->Superhumans
>
> Because W2 is the result of maybe a years campaign play - its not
> superhuman (as the rules stand) its normal for your better skills...
>
> Cheers,
> Graham

I think thatīs thinking in a wrong sequence. First we have a scale,then we have a world that defines amounts of this scale(masteries).At the end of that,we have amounts of HP to award and then a cost for progression.(Beside that,you can always give less HP to make progression into superhuman territory slower,if that doesnīt fit your view of your campaign).
It seems clear that two values must give us the posibility to compare,wether that is human with human or human with non human.That is what i called the worldscale.
So a horse cant have RunFast5W,if that is the skill of a trained human-it should be shifted one mastery higher to 5 or even 15W2,because that will mean a masterrunner could catch a horse.
Sorry if iīm repeating myself,but if you were prepared to fix the worldscale my way,then it would make sense for a horse having 5W(or lets say 15W). I still have no answer to the following questions: -why is the worldscale so much in favour for human skills?(...because the designers want a heroic perspective?That could better be achieved by giving away more HP per session...)
-why is the worldscale not linear ?(two masteries for every category) -what was the concept behind AR?There is some logic behind it,that is not yet revealed....

greetings

Christian

P.S.:I am NOT a simulationist!!!!:-)