Re: Attempting to lead you all to illumination on worldscale

From: ian_hammond_cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 19:07:31 -0000

Hi Charles,

> When in play, we (i.e. you, Ian, as our most recent and most
frequent narrator) have not remembered this. It is too much overload - we want to think story not rules.<

Sorry, but I do think this way when running the game. It is just that we rarely have this kind of compare the speed of a running horse vs running man situation as a story so it never really gets examined. Also we tend to avoid debate during a game.

> PPS Amazing! This is only the second time that I remember an
argument in this group that involves frequent players on opposite sides...

I think one key point in that observation is that this is rarely a real issue in play, because we ae not generating stories where this is an issue.

I can say that reading Orkworld or Sorcerer or another game that has this kind of approach might help you all percieve the pattern that HW is part of.