Re: Re: My Worldscale conclusion so far

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 11:51:20 +0100

Simon Hibbs writes :

>To my mind, the correct scale against which example
>resistances and opponents should be gagued is starting characters.
>
>Is anybody realy going to argue that example resistances and
>opponents that beginning Narrators can use to pit against their
>player's newly generated characters are not usefull?

Not so much an argument, more a slightly different focus. Resistances and opponents for beginning characters is indeed useful, but so are examples for more experienced characters. Having ideas of the type 'if you can defeat 10W3 with your climb, you can reach the storm realm' and 'if you reach 10W2 with your run fast, you can outrun a mounted lunar patrol' are equally useful, both for more experienced characters, and to give new characters something to aim for and compare themselves against.

Hero Wars characters can and do advance quite rapidly. I'd want a range of opponents and resistances that'll cover the first few months of a campaign - maybe up to the low W2 level. Which, barring some minor quibbles, the rule book, Anaxial's, and Barbarian Adventures do pretty much provide.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson