Re: Last actions as played

From: t_m_ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 20:42:35 -0000

> This is the bit of the original rule I found confusing. Well, not
> confusing, I THOUGHT I understood it, but that it just wasn't much
> good... What you are saying is, succeeding at this form of 'Final
> Action' automatically, as it's very purpose, gains you AP. Now, I had
> always wondered how you gained AP, since that takes a crit on your
> part, which usually means blowing a HP (which seems perfectly
> suitable).

It certainly works to make Final actions a very much more "Do or Die" type affair rather than something you might use every time you "loose" (with the caveat that, of course, if you loose by enough you will *still* need to blow that HP)

>Thing is, I could only see one source of AP - directly
> using your Final Action (with a 0 AP bid? never understood that)
> against the Opponent.

Remember that as a Hero the PC can always choose to bid up to his starting AP's in any round of the contest - it's just if you are already at or below zero, bid big and loose then things will get *very* unpleasant.