Re: Last actions as played

From: wulfcorbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 15:31:24 -0000

> If the hero is dying, with this rule he won't be allowed a FA
(unless
> he is very powerful at the beginning or he badly chose his contest
> ability) and that's anti-heroic, in my opinion (rem the old heroic
> option of RQ3?). Moreover I like the option of not reagaining any
AP,
> but still being able to perform a single action (truly dramatic, of
> course) and then dying, without the villain hacking him again.

There is one option here. If you use a HP, you are almost guaranteed a FA (almost...). However, if you KEEP the result of your negative AP even when you regain AP, you could STILL be Injured or Dying... You can stand over the defeated villan, bloodied sword in hand, then collapse heroically...

Exactly what penalty, if any, you would impose on the FA roll is a problem (if Injured is halved ability, what's dying?), but that's true of the 'normal' FA anyway...

Wulf