Re: Last actions as played

From: t_m_ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 08:34:45 -0000

This may be a case of

> > I assume that you (Nick) have played with your group long enough
> > that you all know "the basics" of your group's methods and so have
> > a higher expectation of "what a hero shouldn't worry about".

I can think of several people in a number of different groups I have played with who, if they Identified a "main villain" would "routinely coup de grace" to ensure their permanent demise - even at the risk of being attacked by an underling while doing so.

(The trick in this case, of course is to misdirect them as to the main villain - Is it really the Enormous Broo with Chaos features up to the eyeballs/Clan Champion of the Enemy Clan/Commander of the Lunar regiment or the innocuous looking Ogre posing as a victim/His scheming wife/Irripi Onotor clerk with a huge gambling debt to pay...)

> But then, we trust our Narrator.

This is, I think, the crucial thing!

> "If only the heroes had taken the elementary precaution of searching
> the prisoners and removing weapons, their Best Friend would still be
> alive today".

"If only the Heroes had taken the elementary precaution of doing what the narrator expected, then everything would have worked out just fine ;)"