Re: Talk to soul

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 21:46:26 +1200

At 09:01 AM 9/7/02 +0000, you wrote:
>I would like to know how do you deal with 'Talk to Soul ritual' feat
>(ST p. 195).
>
>Could you use it for essences and spirits of the dead? I suppose yes,
>with the alien world penalty, but I'm not sure.

Your guess accords with mine. You can't use it to contact people in Solace.

>Do you need a ghost or could you call the soul of any dead people?

Given that one could (in past versions of Ty Kora Tek) summon the dead to speak to them, I don't think a ghost is needed.

>Have the soul to stay in the Caverns of Silence or you could call the
>soul when it is in the Path of the Dead, in the Court of Silence, in
>the afterlife?

In the Caverns of Silence is my guess. If it was in the Storm Realm (or another place), then it couldn't be summoned.

>My principal doubt is if you could admit this ritual for
>investigating the recent murder of a Buserian lunar bureucrat (a fact
>that will happen in my game).

I don't think it will work on a Solar.

--Peter Metcalfe