Re: Re: Ransoms

From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_...>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 16:50:42 +0100

nichughes2001 wrote:

> I don't really think that offering ransom should get you back into
> the contest (positive AP) which a final action would.

I agree that it would be wrong for a character to have a contest objective of 'kill the enemy', fall to negative APs, then use a ransom plea to rise to positive APs and then resume killing the enemy.

I think the answer to this problem is to rule that actions have to be relevant to your chosen objective for the contest, if you are to have a chance of gaining APs (move towards your objective). A combatant who pleads for mercy has changed their objective to 'escape injury', so returning to positive APs does not allow them to resume killing.