Re: mysticism

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 14:39:55 -0700

At 03:24 PM 10/3/2002 -0000, Mike wrote:
>So, I wonder, is there any new info on mysticism available, perhaps as

Geez, this can of worms again?
To forestall too much speculation I proffer this information.

>a playtest for 2nd ed? As I've attempted to outline various schools
>and paths as options for this player, I've found it hard to imagine
>that the 1st ed rules are going to result in a functional character.

You missed my later post that says they are dropped from HQ entirely. The reason is that they are an exception to the rules and HQ is about the rules, not the exceptions.

Nonetheless, here is the gist of my opinion today: Mystical practices in HQ are Normal Religions which, if their discipline is followed and gets to 10W in (probably) five abilites then they pay only Concentrated Magic HP for advancement. They can then seek futher advancement, different per discipline, towards enlightment. You will have to wait for HQ to see what that means if you do not understand that normal HP payments = 2HP/ability point per Common Magic Talent, or 6 per affinity, etc. while IN PLAY. Concentration means you commit to a single focused source of magic, as per devotee, advanced practitioner or apprentice. I have sneaked one into Character generation possibilities without telling what it is actually about. See HQ (official release party at GloranthaCon Toronto) for details.

>Anyone interested in Kralori cultural keywords or keywords for various
>mystical schools, especially the Unseen Way of the Forgotten Master?

Mark Galeotti is officially head of the program to assemble information about Kralorela.

Greg Stafford, greg_at_...
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>