CONVERTING THE HEATHEN

From: guy hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 12:48:16 -0500

Imagine a situation like this:

Me: "Hey, I have this neat new game, HERO WARS! It's about Glorantha, and you fight to prevent the end of the world. It isn't like any game you've ever played."

Them: "You mean I have to learn a whole new set of rules?"

Me: "Well, uh... it's the best way to represent Glorantha in a fantasy game..."

Them: "What's this 'Glorantha' you keep talking about? And why don't you just convert the world over to GURPS/Champions/FUDGE/etc.?"

Have any of you figured out a painless way to pique the interest of people who know nothing about Glorantha, and would rather just see the world adapted to theur favorite set of rules?

Guy Hoyle

"You can check your anatomy all you want, and even though there may be normal variation, when you get right down to it, this far inside the head it all looks the same... No, no, no, no. Don't tug on that. You never know what it might be attached to!" - BUCKAROO BANZAI