Re: Animism Rules

From: antalvarez2001 <antalvarez1976_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 07:48:56 -0000

Giangero:
>Usually traditional spirits have a range of might(frex 1-5W).

Not in the Kolat keyword :-((

BTW, I would like to see your kolating PC's if it's possible for give me ideas about the spirits, the special spirits ¿what is the power of a spirit of Below or Above?

Tim Ellis.
> 1) As with followers make Spirits start at a value related to the
> Shamen's highest score (If a "starting character" gets spirits of 12
> and has a "best score" of 25 that suggests a -13...)

I think the initial spirits of a starting character are of might 17 (magic keyword). So I would give a -8 (standart for followers) to known spirits and a -13 for unknown spirits.

> 2)Base the spirits score of the Characters "Tradition Knowledge"
> (similar to Wulf's suggestion) or best "Shamanic" Skill (You can
> justify this...

I prefer this one for the reason that you have told.

> acquisition, so do you "charge" the HP before rolling? Do you
> penalise failure? Without at least one of these checks, what's to
> stop the Shaman picking a really high (but acievable) resistance
> because sooner or later the dice will favour them...

The player or the narrator or both, tell a brief story about the faliure. You could spend the HP before, applicate the normal penalties (-1, -50% to appropiate abilities, Complete Defeat... er, something really bad) or a new flaw (possesed by de Mad Dog and things like that), wherever it's appropiate.

For really dangerous spirits, with a great difference of power with your shaman, it's better to play the spirit plane trip.

Thank you all for your responses,

Antonio