Re: Animism Rules

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 10:27:19 +0100 (BST)

Sorry for the time taken to reply, Guy may have been prepping one that got swallowed. We have been running Guy's shaman Arnell for a while now, and I think we are starting to get comfortable with animists. To be specific

1:) we started with 5 spirits for the Shaman - don't forget that a spirit can be more powerful that a feat. It has not been a problem in game balance, our shaman is one of the group's most powerful magicians.

2:) We usually play out capturing spirits in an abstract sense, the player decides the power of the spirit he wants to capture, we roll the dice to figure the victory level, and the shaman spends hero points if they want to keep them between episodes. Once in a while to help capture the feel of what is commonly abstracted, we play out the quest. This is similar to feats, don't forget. Most of the time we don't play out the heroquests that people learn feats on. Sometimes these quest moments occur in game, but they also occur in bookeeping segments between sessions.

Ian Cooper
0208-672-0717(H)07970-411892 (M)0207-337-6217 (W)

"Give the kids tools, so they can go build their own houses; not the blueprint of what the houses should be." Tori Amos

Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts http://uk.my.yahoo.com