Re: Animism Rules

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 09:51:41 -0000

> 1:) we started with 5 spirits for the Shaman - don't
> forget that a spirit can be more powerful that a feat.

In what way? I can certainly see how a POWERFUL spirit could be better than a Feat in an Affinity of a lower Rating, but then that Affinity would have 5+ feats... And as you can't improvise from a Spirit, that shaman will have precisely 5 magical abilities, available, probably once or 3 times a day, compared to a theist with maybe 12 known, and any number of improvised, feats usable as many times as needed.

How have you (or has the player) found this to be competitive with a Theist's bag of magic tricks? I ask not in criticism nor scorn of your claim, but because I've been avoiding using my spirit-talker until I see a viable set of animist rules that doesn't cripple her ability (she WAS the most powerful character in our old RQ campaign).

Wulf