Re: Playing Powerful Characters

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 17:19:08 -0800

Andy

> This would solve the problem I have in my infrequently
> meeting game where characters don't increase in ability fast enough over
> years of play (from a player perspective). I know that there are other ways
> to address this (such as arbitrary fast forwarding), but I'd like a way
> that preserves my season-by-season or week-by-week pace of adventures.

I ran across some "generational rules" that I don't think I got to playtest much:

[The idea of the second sentence is to encourage those weird skills you can never justify raising with hero points. If it's one of your 3 best skills, you don't need the free increase.]

[I might drop the "every other year" part, given the published Hero Wars abilities are higher than I was using at the time, and since average NPCs wouldn't use these rules.]

--

David Dunham
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>