Re: Re: Question on affinities

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 19:27:23 +0000

>To implement an augmentation does it require an unrelated action, or
>do people run into combat with all their augments up and running. I
>have seen different comments about this and was wondering.

The rules we use (which aren't quite official) are :

(1) If the augment affects the entire contest, it takes an unrelated action to perform.

(2) If the augment only affects the next action, and is integral to that action, it can be performed for free.

(2.1) If the augment described above should be for a significant (GM's call) bonus, or it will be disallowed.

(3) Only one augment per feat, spirit, spell, etc. plus one physical and one mental.

(4) Rule of thumb is one physical, one mental and one magical augment, for those situations where you would have some up and running, but we want to quickly work out which.

Number 2 is there mainly to allow for really 'cinematic' moves in combat - "I call on Humakt to guide my sword's blow", "I leap over my opponent's head, twist in mid air, and try to hack him down from behind", etc. There are other ways of handling this...

>If you had (to be absurd) 6 different combat feats(affinities), all
>at level 20, could you apply them all to your close combat skill at
>the one time. I know only one physical augment is allowed, but
>several magic ones ??

Nope - you can apply each different feat one at a time. If you have time, all can be on.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson