Re: Animists vs Devotees

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...> <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 13:44:26 -0000

> (c) An Animist can potentially be a lot more flexible -An Orlanth-
> Worshipping Theist will never be able to do Ernalda like magic
wheras
> a Kolat Shaman can still capture Earth Spirits, and even bring them
> into his own tradition...

But we started this by discussing CREATING an animist. And they START far less magically capable (unless you use up some of your 100 words to add extra magic, which of course the Theist can do too, although he has far less need to and so can diversify more).

> (d) a Spirit can be a source of AP's as well as an Augment, so
> allthough it can be used less often, it can be more powerful when
> actually used...

But a Spirit ONLY provides AP when it DOES augment. If it provides a new Ability, it does not provide AP. I'd say that makes it more powerful when it DOESN'T provide AP.

Wulf