Re: latest Q&A on Glorantha.com site

From: Kevin P. McDonald <paul_mcdonald_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 10:04:08 -0500

Something else that the Q&A discussion has not mentioned thus far (unless I missed it somewhere) are the Delayed Magic rules from HeroWars pg. 234. Using those rules a person can "pre-cast" magic using rituals, auspicious time/place, etc and set it to trigger with a keyword/gesture/event. Thus, the heroes in my game often only have to perform a single "action" to invoke an entire set of combat magic - at a nasty power rating. It is not uncommon in my 10w2 power level game to have folks enter combat with an extra mastery of augments.

Naturally, the villains do the same thing, which has prompted my players to come up with magic and/or strategies to prevent the enemy from activating their magic (or preparing it in the first place).

Any thoughts? Is this a totally wacky interpretation of the Delayed Magic rules?

~Kevin