Re: Personal sacrifice to win against the odds.

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...> <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 12:34:19 -0000

Tom :

> The only reason I offer this solution is because it is an existing
> published rule that can be used in a different way and quite
> frankly having a special mechanic for only one situation is a bit
> 1983.

I agree this is a nice idea, but should only be possible under special, magical circumstances. Of course thereīs nothing to stop a character from making the circumstances magical in order to do it.

My reasoning is that making a sacrifice such as this is contrary to an ordinary personīs nature. To justify such a sacrifice you need to invoke some extreme passion, or relationship or such.

Also this seems to me to be a kind of super-augment, so perhaps it could be re-engineered as an extension of the augment rules? This would help generalise it more - as it stands wealth only superaugments  itself in this way.

I like this basic idea and Iīd like to see it bear gameable fruit, but it doesnīt quite seem fully baked yet.

Simon Hibbs