Re: Personal sacrifice to win against the odds.

From: Tom <elysia69_at_...> <elysia69_at_...>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 02:47:02 -0000

Simon Hibbs:
> My reasoning is that making a sacrifice such as this is contrary to
> an ordinary personīs nature. To justify such a sacrifice you need
> invoke some extreme passion, or relationship or such.

Yes, I agree. It should only be done when up against the most grave situations (when the narrator thinks it right). With the example I gave with the stead wife I don't think she would need to roll on a passion, though, her Love Family talent would be automatically invoked. I feel that sometimes an obstacle can be so huge that even if you win through there is a permanent cost. Imagine doing 3 rounds with Tyson. Even if you win you're in hospital.

I personally would make it a bump up instead of a doubling of target number. This avoids a 10w3 becoming a 20w6 which is bad.

Cheers,
Tom