Fwd: Re: Dodge skill

From: Dave Camoirano <DaveCamo_at_...>
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 23:52:07 -0500

Hi!

On Sunday, February 2, 2003, at 07:19 PM, flynnkd2 <flynnkd_at_...> wrote:

> Dodge sounds a bit generic and all-encompassing.
>
> Should the use of Dodge vs missiles be treated as an improvised
> version of Dodge, or should the player be made to take "Dodge vs
> Missile" specifically.

The narrator always has final say on how appropriate an ability is for a specific situation an can always apply an improv modifier. If a character has Dodge missile, this is, of course very appropriate for dodging a missile. If the narrator thinks Dodge is too broad, she may certainly apply a penalty for dodging missiles (or swords & spears, for that matter...)

> The CC skill allows for subskills (as in effect do Affinities), has
> anyone extended this aspect to other skills, like Dodge? or Stealth?

This has been talked about and I used it for a while but found just using improv modifiers much simpler.

Dave