Re: Dodge skill

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...> <tim_at_...>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 14:32:37 -0000

You might want to insist on a more narrow skill written on the character sheet ("Dodge Blow", "Dodge Missile", "Evade Capture" etc) if "Dodge" seems to be too wide and thus open to abuse

> The CC skill allows for subskills (as in effect do Affinities), has
> anyone extended this aspect to other skills, like Dodge? or Stealth?

We had a long discussion on Broad Skills in June 2001, and this was one of the things suggested. As the system currently stands this is potentially abusive though - If you have "Stealth 17 (move silently, hide in shadows, eavesdrop, pick pockets)" then 1HP will increase those 4 skills. My (current) feeling is to apply improvisational penalties to overly broad skills when used for anything rather than specifically list sub-skills against them, but you might need to be guided by what skills the players take and how they try and use them