Re: Dodge skill

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_...>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 16:56:43 +0100

flynnkd2 :

> As a physical skill I was thinking of allowing it to be used as an
> augment in response to an attack, but augment increase target numbers
> and traditionally defences reduce target numbers... I know the end
> result is the same but it seems strange.

One way to look at it is that successful Dodging puts the Hero in a better tactical and/or narrative situation (depending on house style), therefore giving him an advantage over his opponent(s).

Viz. swashbuckling movies, chambara, and martial arts flicks passim.

Many chambara and manga featuring samurai or other martial artists show the ability to dodge practically as an offensive weapon.

I'd personally ask the player to come up with a narrower skill descriptor, though, but maybe not : it would depend on his character concept.

Julian Lord