Re: Re: Heroic Actions [Rant, OT]

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 16:38:22 +0000 (GMT)

> This will sound unhelpful butitis meant sincerely.
> The lack of spell
> descriptions is one of those design features of Hero
> Wars that needs
> the 'Road to Damascus' moment.

> ... We want to tell you to trust your
> instincts, use the force luke, but don't quite know
> how to without
> making you think we are being elitist, unhelpful or
> condescending.

Excellent description, and made it clear to me just what the problem is. Telling us to use the Force is neither elitist or unhelpful: as long as we are all in fact secret Jedi. But for us Bears of Little Brain who simply *can't* make stuff up on the spur of the moment, it still appears to be both.

Possible solution: at least, it works for me. PBeM HW. In slow time, I *can* make stuff up, improvise Feats, write my own myths, do dramatic descriptions, and so on. And I'm thoroughly enjoying playing in Guy's Swords campaign as a result. But I'm still not convinced about table-top HW for us mere mortals.

Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts http://uk.my.yahoo.com