Re: Frustrating rules

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...> <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 23:29:50 -0000

>The problem, which someone hit upon in an earlier message by
accident, is that modern Glorantha appears to be more about storytelling (in the proper non-White Wolf sense) than about roleplaying. If Issaries wants Hero Wars to be more storytelling than roleplaying, that's fine. I'm not much for storytelling games, and Hero Wars said "roleplaying" on the tin (to steal someone else's phrase <

Both from me (though not originated by me) :)

Mike,

Lets clarify. I assume that you are not happy with the philosophy of hero wars. Folks here are trying to help you, IMO, because we assumed you were fine with the philosophy, but not the implementation. But if you're not happy with the philosophy then no amount of explanation of the implementation will help you.

If you have done a 'suck and see' and former RQ'ers here (a good number of us) can't sway you with our damascene tales then I guess the question has to be: what do you want from us? If the answer is just a chance to vent your frustration that Glorantha is not supported by a game system that follows a design philosophy you like, then I sympathize, but frankly, good hosts though we might want to be, walking into our 'house' and deriding our furniture is not going to keep the conversation upbeat for too long ;)

Perhaps you can help us. What is it you want? For us to sell you on the philosophy? For us to help you navigate the peaks and troughs of the implementation? To let off steam?

We're trying to be good hosts, but we're not sure what you came for.