Re: Re: Invulnerable foes

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:04:28 +0000 (GMT)

> "Invulnerable foes"
> >Taking vampires as an example, ....

This is definitely touching a nerve: there we are in the Underworld, about to go into combat with Vivamort. Who wasn't due to appear in this HQ at all :(

> if you were to say they had a
> >vulnerability/flaw vs Garlic, and list that on
> their data as Flaw 20,

> Allow opponents to augment using it

> Allow opponents to use the flaw as their ability for
> that round.

Suppose, to continue this example, that someone has a "skill" of "Garlic Breath 1W". Would you use that as your main attack (possibly augmented by a few Wind affinities and CC)? It would have to be "opposed" by the Flaw 20 somehow, but as a negative, and there I get confused.

Does the Flaw mean that their ability to Resist Garlic is 20 less than that of the average person? But what would the number be for the average person? 14? 20? Not 6, surely!

Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts http://uk.my.yahoo.com