Re: Neat idea

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 21:18:25 -0800

Kevin

>A player has his sword out and announces a normal attack, 10AP. The
>vampire defends with "Cant be killed". The superior vampire
>obviously wins and inflicts damage back on the attacker... how does
>one rationalise such a result with a skill that is essentially an
>invulnerability... why does it do damage? I can sort of see ways
>but thought it useful to get other comments...

Please recall that AP don't measure damage, they measure relative advantage.

"Harstal lunges forward, running his spear through the vampire."

"His spear slides through the vampire like was made of cheese, almost catching Harstal off balance because of the lack of resistance. The vampire just laughs. Harstal's spear is now stuck in the vampire. He loses 10 AP."

>Taking vampires as an example, if you were to say they had a
>vulnerability/flaw vs Garlic, and list that on their data as Flaw
>20, how do you implement that into a extended combat. Stronger
>flaws have higher values... so how do you reverse things (the skill
>levels) around and attack a vampire with garlic so that he is weaker?

How about an automatic augmentation? In the presence of garlic, the 20 point flaw acts as a -2 penalty, no roll needed.

--

David Dunham   dunham_at_...
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html