Missiles and defending

From: flynnkd2 <flynnkd_at_...> <flynnkd_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 05:48:59 -0000

Does anyone bother using an improvistion penalty to defend vs a fired missile attack if you are meleeing? An archer stands back from the melee and shoots into the nemy. Defending against direct fire bows is normally considered difficult in most game systems, so using CC to defend could be penalised? ON the same end an archer who is closed on, and meleed, would be at a penalty until they change weapons?

Or do people just run it as a big brawl and I can use my bow if I like, its all subsumed within the AP system.