Re: Neat idea

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...> <tim_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:59:13 -0000

>> As I understand it, actual physical changes to the situation
>> (injury, loss of weapon, etc.) should only happen if someone
>> crosses 0 AP and/or fumbles.
>> Am I mistaken?

> I was using "loss" in a general sense. I don't think limiting all
> physical changes to the end of the contest makes sense. Physical
> changes stemming from the goal? Yes, unless taking a wound.
> Physical changes that are simply steps to achieving the goal, no.

Common sense must prevail. If you are using a "Weaponbreaker" feat (or similar) as an "unrelated action" in the midst of an extended combat then it's success or failure must be determined by the simple contest, not the overall contest.
If they are used as part of an extended contest (to force the opponent to defend with magic rather than combat) then things might be trickier - Wounds (and Grevious Wounds) might be a pointer here. A victory that only results in the loss of a few AP's shouldn't be able to make a physical change mid contest - One that could cause Wounds is already making physical changes, so probably can...