Shimmering Cloak

From: Merlin Cox <merlin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 18:45:02 +0100

A question for David Dunham:

One of the PCs in our Gloranthan campaign is a Pavic Orlanthi, Orlanth Adventurous initiate and Mastakos subcult member, with the Shimmer RQ3 spirit spell ('This spell blurs and distorts the target's visual image making it harder to hit.') Trying to figure out what this really was, we thought it might be a Movement feat in which you move so fast you're hard to see, or a strange one-off magical ability of another kind, maybe even a Talent (integrated spirit). Then I remembered the Shimmering Cloak treasure in King of Dragon Pass which 'Helps us evade our foes in battle'. Is anything more known about what this thing is in myth or the inner world, where it comes from, who has it, and such?

Merlin Cox