Re: Equipment (shurely shome mishtake ?)

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 09:49:53 +0100

Alexandre :

> >> If I'm playing a Heortling game, I guess that my characters 90% of
> >> the time will meet other Heortlings, not Trolls or Ducks.
> >>
> >> So what is it best, to modify the statistics of 90% of the people
> >> you meet AND to modify the statistics of the other 10%, too, or to
> >> just modify the latter?

IIRC this was a thread about edges and/or bonuses for equipment, not about creaure stats.

> My initial analogy was between a hero's Small 13 and a small dog Small
> 12. Surely this does not mean that the hero is smaller than your pet.

Yes, sorry, a Small 13 Hero is indeed smaller than your Small 12 pet dog. Small 13 is SMALL ...

> The hero is small by human standards, while the dog is small compared
> to other creatures of AR.

The Hero is small also compared to creatures of AR.

Howzabout reading the Small/Large info in AR ?

> If I play a Heortling game, the vast majority of people the characters
> are going to meet have some sort of basic weapon (spear, shield, you
> name it) and some sort of basic armor. Right?
>
> Then what is best, having to modify this vast majority of people's
> abilities, or just modify the abilities of people who don't have basic
> weapons and armor (that are basic in a Heortling game, that is)?

This would bery much depend, may I remind you, on one's house style...

Julian Lord