Re: Equipment

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 09:49:54 +0100

On 19 Mar 2003 at 19:06, hw-rules_at_yahoogroups.com wrote:

> David Dunham <david_at_...>
> Subject: Re: Equipment
>
> Jane
>
> >Still, I gather the new system is dropping edges
> >altogether? Somehow?
>
> Edges were really never intended for routine use.

Perhaps not, but I for one am extremely happy to see the official end of them for normal use ...

It really was loathe at first sight when I first learned about them.

> HeroQuest reserves
> them for unusual situations, like a giant thumping you with a massive
> club.

Although it's OK that they're kept for special situations.

I don't think I'd give an edge to an ordinary giant's club though, but keep them for particular forms of magic.

Julian Lord