Edges as Gifts (was Equipment)

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 09:07:23 +0000 (GMT)

> I don't think I'd give an edge to an ordinary
> giant's club though,
> but keep them for particular forms of magic.

Which reminds me that my Humakti PC is running around with an Esrolian Lottery Sword that's got a ^15 edge against trolls. (Which *doesn't* generally get cancelled out and ignored.) Presumably this will get translated into a bonus of some sort, and in general, Gifts like this will all be modified to use bonuses rather than edges?

Though we already have Gifts that add to sword skill, and it seems a bit of a shame to lose the distinction. Still, it's only at rules-level: the descriptive bit can still have flavour. Maybe the original "add to Sword skill" makes the sword faster, and the gift that was an Edge makes it sharper?

Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts http://uk.my.yahoo.com