Re: Re: flaws

From: aescleal_at_...
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 12:48:34 +0100 (BST)

I've been tinkering about with letting players "earn" extra hero points by increasing flaws.

Increase a flaw by 1 between adventures (episodes/sessions/pick yer own name) and you get an additional hero point to spend. You get double if the flaw affected you during the adventure.

The other thing I've allowed was for a player to bump a roll without a hero point then increase a flaw or gain a new one related to the situation they're in. "You've escaped from the tongue of the cliff toad but you feel queasy 'round amphibians from here on in."

I know it's a bit GURPS like, but it seems to work okay with my players.

The only problem comes when someone works out a creative way of using a flaw: "I'm cowardly so I've got a better chance of escaping as I was already standing at the back..."

Never mind, I think there's a good idea in there somewhere.

Cheers,

Ash