Summarizing Changes from HW to HQ?

From: Mike Dawson <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 15:01:40 -0000

> This applies only to mixed magic (having, for instance, affinities as
> well as fetishes or charms). If you "concentrate" your magic, the costs
> are basically as HW.

Lemme see if I understand the terminology:

Spells = Sorcery
Feats/Affinities = theist magic
charms/fetishes= animist or spirit magic??? talents = some strange new non-otherworldly "magic". IS it actually magic?

Soooo, with the whole new "diffuse" (as opposed to concentrated) magic common out there in the world, how does the fear and hatred of sorcery manifest in barbarian/ theist societies? Is it just that (for example) Heortlings as a rule don't have any spells around?

Lastly, if the mechanical cat is out of the bag, is there any chance that a preview rules synopsis might be published before the game comes out? Issaries did it before HW, and it let me begin running a just-starting campaign in HW from the get-go, rather than having to switch from RQ part way through.

Thanks,

Mike Dawson
http://differentgames.onestop.net/