Re: Guns.

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 16:28:30 -0700

James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_...> wrote:

> One question came up, and I don't remember seeing it on the group:
> how to handle guns?

It seems to me that guns aren't really a new problem. I mean, even in HeroWars glorantha, in a stead-level campaign, there are a lot of instant-death weapons easily available. If I have a sword, and you don't or I get the drop on you, and I swing at your neck, well, you're dead. You don't run a contest for *that*--instead, you run the contest just a little bit earlier (around a question like "do I decide to kill you" or "do I get the drop on you").

So I'd think that if (in your game) it comes down to "He has a gun pointed at me and he pulls the trigger", you don't need to know what his edge is or how many APs you have--you're just dead. Instead, I'd think the contest would be something like: