Re: Alternate Earths

From: Viktor Haag <vhaag_at_...>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 10:01:35 -0400

Jane Williams writes:
> --- Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...> wrote:
>
> > > question is; will there be fantasy earth fantasy earth
> > > campaigns for Hero Wars?
>
> > Actually, if such an item were produced I hope it would be
> > submitted to Issaries ffirst! As most know I love the
> > terrestial settings and have played in several myself,
> > though not with HQ (yet). But first, we MUST get a firm
> > grounding of HQ items done and out, so it'd be a while
> > before we could publsih anything from a new setting.
>
> This is good news. But I'd suggest that any such product be
> looked at very, very, carefuly and proof-read to within an
> inch of its life before being released. The first one out,
> from any source, will be the "proof" to the world of whether
> HW/Q really is setting-independent. If it fails, a lot of the
> target audience may never try again. Yes, they'd be wrong: so?

An update of Greg's own 'RQ: Vikings' adapted for use with HQ leaps immediately to mind. I can think of several other settings that would interest me, but I can't speak to any hope of them having wide commercial appeal:

Or it might be interesting to approach the idea from a more "literary" point of view:

I.e. supplements that assist you in playing in the worlds depicted by these mythic/heroic literary sources.

--
Viktor Haag : Software & Information Design : Research In Motion
                              +--+