Re: Actual Play

From: Chris Jones <chris_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 19:55:15 +0100

As Mark Galeotti said.

2. Burning HPs to effect a plot change

This is a way to give the players greater control of the game. You can burn 1 HP to introduce some minor plot change, 3 HP for a major one ... Once the novelty wears off, we found this tending to be used not as a plot-breaker but for comic effect and player interaction ("he takes a swing at you, but you dodge" "1 HP: it hits *him*, instead")

Indeed!!! The buggeres did it to me AGAIN this week. First time I've had the chance to play in nine months and sure enough 3HP to make sure I not only miss my target but hit the bouncer stood behind my target. With the usual hilarious repercussions one would expect from a bar brawl. Bastards. :-)

Chris Jones.