Re: Heroquest for Earthsea

From: Graham Spearing <graham_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 09:37:07 +0100

Corcoran, Myles wrote:
> I'm mulling over the idea of using HeroQuest for a game set in
> Ursula Le Guin's Earthsea. A couple of questions then.

Excellent idea! I am planning to write up some Middle Earth homelands in the HQ format,and have future plans for Conan homelands too.

> 2. In Earthsea there is a lot of magic but not really so much personal
> magic as we see in Glorantha.

Same in Middle Earth, at least for men. I plan to look at where common magic can be used to 'inspire' (augment) action through calling on the traditions, lineage, Valar and other forces that swirl around the land. I'll post for some help when I get round to it!.

If others are using HQ for other worlds I'd love to hear about how you are using the best rpg out there. :-)

--
Graham

This fellow's wise enough to play the fool,
And to do that well craves a kind of wit.