Re: Repeating heroquests

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 06:48:39 -0700 (PDT)

David D:

>> 2. How did Harmast manage to do two LBQs?
>
>Given he is probably the only person to have done so, I figure he did
>something unusual and exceptional in order to do this. In other
>words, he's outside the normal rules. (Or perhaps, the rules have
>changed after two Age-ending episodes.)

What about the Pharaoh's yearly quest (the one where he was finally ambushed by Jar-Eel)? Sounds to me like he is quest leader over and over again.

Camo:

>> Sure, but as Benedict points out, it is rather weird if an Orlanthi
>> can only try and stop one drought in his lifetime.
>
>I don't think so. Someone else brought this up but how many times do
>you really think the same person would *need* to do the same quest?

>From the little experience I have of heroquesting in the games I have
been involved with, we have repeated the same quests many times, in different situations. So, it's not entirely a theoretical issue for me.

Nils Weinander

Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com