Re: Ritual questions

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 13:21:34 -0700

Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...> wrote:

>> *Ritual Role Augmentation Modifiers
>> Because I don't read english perfectly, I don't know differentitate
>> between "Using proper Piety relationship for the role" and "Using a
>> Piety relationship of the proper religion" cases. I think I need an
>> example to notice the difference.
>
> I'll explain it as I understand it. In the ritual Jane represents
> Bush Child. If she belonged to the same Tradition as Hench then she
> would have a Piety relationship of the proper religion. If she
> worshipped Bush Child specifically then she would have the proper
> piety relationship for the role.

So just to make sure I'm clear on this:

Suppose a Heortling/Storm-Tribe clan is performing, say, the "Orlanth Forms the Storm Tribe" heroquest. They need (among others) someone to take the place of Issaries in that myth.

A follower of any Storm Tribe cult could use his "relationship to religion" skill, "Worshipper of Storm Tribe" (or somesuch), to take on the role of Issaries.

A stranger who followed Issaries in a *different* pantheon--say, a Goldentongue from Pavis--could use his "relationship for role" skill, "Devotee of Issaries". (And perhaps a cultist of a similar god, like Etyries, could do the same with an improvisational modifier.)

But the best is a follower of Issaries *within the Storm Tribe*--that is, a Heortling Issaries cultist. He could use both his "storm tribe" and "issaries" piety, presumably using one to augment the other. And that, of course, is what the clan would do if it possibly could.

Am I basically right about that?