Re: Ritual questions

From: DaveCamo_at_...
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 21:58:31 +0000

>So just to make sure I'm clear on this:
>
>Suppose a Heortling/Storm-Tribe clan is performing, say, the "Orlanth Forms
>the Storm Tribe" heroquest. They need (among others) someone to take the
>place of Issaries in that myth.
>
>A follower of any Storm Tribe cult could use his "relationship to religion"
>skill, "Worshipper of Storm Tribe" (or somesuch), to take on the role of
>Issaries.

But would take an improvisational penalty since it's not the best ability for the task.

>A stranger who followed Issaries in a *different* pantheon--say, a
>Goldentongue from Pavis--could use his "relationship for role" skill,
>"Devotee of Issaries". (And perhaps a cultist of a similar god, like
>Etyries, could do the same with an improvisational modifier.)

Yes. Although I'd give the Etyries a much bigger penalty (even bigger than the person using "Worshipper of Storm Tribe" above), I might still give a penalty to someone worshipping the same god but from a different pantheon. Note, though, that a Goldentongue from Pavis is *not* worshipping a different pantheon. A better example might be Chalana Arroy or Ernalda as they are worshipped in the Storm pantheon and the Solar pantheon (I forget their names in the Solar pantheon).

>But the best is a follower of Issaries *within the Storm Tribe*--that is, a
>Heortling Issaries cultist. He could use both his "storm tribe" and
>"issaries" piety, presumably using one to augment the other. And that, of
>course, is what the clan would do if it possibly could.
>
>Am I basically right about that?

I certainly think so!

Camo