talents

From: Kmnellist_at_...
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 11:58:40 EDT

<< In fact there is even a dark part of me that would say 'No Mr.Puma  if you want to devote to Orlanth you will have to give up your  shapechanging.>>.

Turn to your dark side Coop! (as in Coop sounds like Luke) This is how I would play it in my Glorantha. Turning into a puma is not part of Heort's Way and would be discouraged. I would leave the character with the ability as a temptation to stray from the Stormy Path.

In other words I agree.

In my opinion, all magical power comes from otherworlds in one way or another and the three worlds thing is all about them being mutually incomprehensible/incompatible. Common magic uses all three because the World is Made of Everything but this is just because the sources of the common magic are many (well, from three categories, and sub divisions within those) varied, and indiscriminate.

I think, in my game, even "talents" that heroes may have will have some otherworld origin, whether the hero knows where it comes from or not. (in effect they have already got a concentrated ability even though they are not concentrated.) I realise this will not work for most people, but that's life.

Keith