Losing by Religion?

From: joe_at_...
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 13:24:19 +0200 (CEST)

Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
> Subject: Re: Dealing with Talents (was Re: Three Worlds Headaches)

> On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 11:10:28AM -0000, Ian Cooper wrote:

>> I guess you might extend that to all magic, not just talents, gained
>> outside religious practice. Do you have to give up that charm someone
>> gave you in an episode, just because you are a devotee?

> Fairly clearly yes; the discussion has focused on talents because it's
> the only case that's controversial. (Or at least, that's caused fresh
> controversy over the scar tissue of HW on similar topics.)

Reality check time for me:

Many gods wander around all the time and pick up useful items, tricks and charms (like Orlanth) or sit in state and have them delivered to them (Old Shiny). Now, by devoting himself to a religion, the initiate becomes more similar to the deity, right?

For game balance purpose, maybe the new devotee has to expend hero points once more to make these abilities part of the acceptable magic.

Puma-persons: Am I the only one who would have preferred them to be leopards rather than pumas?