Re: just a couple of quick questions..

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 12:24:16 -0000

I intend to write up my understanding of Wizards (& probably sorcerors too), probably sometime this week, but briefly, one of the things an apprentice learns is the copying of Grimoires (and in keeping with your D&D assumptions, this is more than just transcribing the words...), So I'd expect a newly qualified wizard (whether straight from Character Creation, or developed in play) to have a copy of every grimoire that he has a "Use Grimoire" score in.

Roderick points out elsewhere the dangers of taking your Grimoires out "adventuring". You might argue (I don't think the rules say) that re-copying an existing Grimoire that you have already "paid for" should be "free" between sessions (as is recreating a talisman, for instance) - But I think you'd still need a good copy to work from.