Re: Re: Extended Contest - Argument Overridden

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 22:01:38 -0700

>> Or if someone withdraws from it.
>
>That in itself won't end a contest. It just changes the objective.
>
>The contest still ends when one side reaches 0 AP. If it's the person
>trying to withdraw, they were stopped. If it's the other person, the
>person trying to withdraw succeeds.

Not quite - it only needs to continue after a withdrawal attempt *if* the other party wants to continue it.

It's the difference between running away from someone that wants to kill you (person opposes your withdrawal) and letting the maniac with the big sword and the bigger horse cross the bridge first (not opposed).

RR
- Richelieu