Re: Digest Number 1335

From: joe_at_...
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 14:54:45 +0200 (CEST)

Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
>> > That does not prevent people from doing it, mind
>> > you, but they are unusual enough to be notable.

Me
>>Yeah - Pavisites really worshipping Orlanth are a minority. Pavisite
>>Orlanthi who are full citizens of Pavis aren't as rare as one-legged
>>ex-adventurers in the city, though.

> The topic was devotees of Orlanth worshipping Pavis.

I.e. Pavic full Citizens devoted to Orlanth. This ought to describe a certain percentage of the Orlanthi citizens.

WRT reciprocal advantages to the Orlanthi, I think that granting the citizenship of Pavis without requiring an extra-pantheon association sounds much like an Orlanth Rex solution to me.

I'm away from my sources right now - was it Sartar who made the alliance, or does it predate the Dragonkill (and most likely the Orlanth Rex cult as known in Dragon Pass)?

Anyway, my question remains whether city gods are regarded like landscape deities by the resident Heortlings. Ruleswise, that is...