Re: Magic vs. Non-Magic Resistance

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 12:14:50 -0700

> >To me this is a case of not letting the rules ("Resistance 14 to magic")
get
> >in the way of the story.
>
> And with this I heartily agree. If there's some reason the wall needs to
have a Tall of 10 and cannot be an automatic success, the 10 should definitely be the resistance to magic as well.

And that's why I felt compelled to write. We (Camo & me) have some influence on some of the newer members of our forum (on people like Alex & Nick? Hah!). So if the narrator feels that a "non-standard" number is important, he should feel free to use it.

> I have to say, though, I'm not quite sure how a player gets an ability at
7. The default 6 and an

I wasn't bothering with justifications for the number - but a 17 witha -10 penalty would do it.

RR
- Richelieu