Re: Re: Beings that break the otherworld boundaries

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 15:59:15 +0000

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 07:43:50AM -0800, Chris Lemens wrote:
> Obviously, my overall point is that this is a very
> narrow exception to the rule--far narrower than the
> Lunars, for example.

I think you're interpreting Andrew's point in a more limited way than he (seems to have) had in mind; the topic is, after all, crossing otherworld boundaries, and Storm Bull/Urox is an extremely clear example of that. The 'same' entity can be worshipped as a spirit and as a god, equally effectively, and without the usual misapplication penalties. This is well within HQ's realm of "this is of course impossible", otherwise. Even if a given single person could only _ever_ do one or the other, it'd still be an apparent exception to the diagram of, and rule about, the otherworlds being strictly separate. Indeed, the whole business about combining feats and animist abilities rather smacks of making an alleged virtue out of the supposed necessity of 'explaining away' SB/U's nature.

(Personally I just play it without this 'end user mixing', and don't make half the song and dance that HW/HQ does about the whole 'egads, misapplication!' business.)

Cheers,
Alex.